Minggu, 29 Mei 2016


We have sold our lovely property, have moved to town and are in the process of  moving again.  I will not be able to post any plants for a while (but I should still be able to answer questions that people have).  When I am able to sell perennial vegetables and seeds again I will update this page.



This is my For Sale page, for notes on how to grow perennial vegetablesplease visit here.

From time to time I sell vegetable and herb plants and/or seeds, some of which are so rare that I do not know of anywhere else in the country that is selling them.  I only sell things that I have grown on the property here and I only grow plants that I think are amazing in some way or another.  Most of these plants are heirlooms, some have even been in my family since before I was born, while others have only been with us a few years and have proven worthy.  All of my seeds are pure and not crossed, they can all be grown open pollinated and I do not and will never grow or sell any GM plants or seed.  I can only sell some plants in their correct season; other plants can be sold all year.  Most people live too far from me to pick them up, unlike most plant and seed sellers I post these out at cost.  I post plants on Monday or Tuesday after payment has cleared, I only post Monday or Tuesday so that plants are not stuck in the post office over the weekend.

We are not certified organic and never will be as I do not use any of the organically certified poisons and fertilizers that most organic farms use and do not want to be associated with the use of such so-called “organic” poisons.   Many of the organic poisons can be worse for you than the synthetic ones.  Some such as rotenone, have been linked with Parkinsons disease and are banned in most countries in the world, yet they formed the backbone of organic farming in Australia for decades.


Instead of using organic or conventional poisons I control pests with integrated pest management (IPM) principles.  Basically IPM uses predator insects, spiders and other animals such as poultry to control pest insects.  I believe that IPM is far safer for my children and better for the environment than commercial or organic farming in every respect.

I plan to put links to growing information for each of these plants on this page.  If I have not done so and you order something please do not hesitate to ask me and I will email you growing notes.


No plants to Tasmania or Western Australia at this stage due to domestic quarantine, sorry.

If you would like to order or have any questions please contact me via the contact form on the lower right hand of this blog.


Organic Heirloom Vegetable Seeds - mostly not perennial but certainly worth growing these









Immali Corn (Zea mays) prototype.  A very early release of a beautiful and delicious sweet corn.  I have created this amazing variety myself, the colours are not changed during cooking (we ate the cob in the photo).  Produces 2 to 6 cobs of super sweet corn per plant.  This variety is not yet entirely stable so please do not save seeds yet.  Corn will cross pollinate with other varieties of corn so you may have some yellow seeds if someone is growing yellow corn near by   $5 per packet of about 20 seeds